Ties and retrograde

From: mskala
Subject: Ties and retrograde
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2016 13:35:56 -0500 (CDT)

The \retrograde function doesn't seem to handle ties at all, as seen in
this example, which engraves only one tie:

music = { c'4~ c'8 g'8 }

\new Staff {
  \music
  \retrograde \music
}

The notation manual mentions that "manual" ties are not handled, and
suggests that "some" ties can be generated automatically instead, by
entering longer notes and using automatic note splitting to break them at
bar lines.  But that doesn't work for me, because I have a note made up of
a quarter and a sixteenth tied together across the middle of a bar, not
across a bar line.  Does someone perhaps have a snippet that will do
retrograde with correct handling of this kind of tie?

--
Matthew Skala
address@hidden                 People before principles.