Re: rehearsal marks: separate from content encoding and display above

From: Johan Vromans
Subject: Re: rehearsal marks: separate from content encoding and display above strings
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 09:18:57 +0200

On Sun, 14 Aug 2016 21:45:51 -0500
David Wright <address@hidden> wrote:

> This is true, they are not. In fact, I don't quite understand what
> you mean by "applying" \global "to the music parts". All the Voices
> are just Voices, aren't they?
>
> Anyway, the repeat structure has to be in all the parts
> as summarised by David K in
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2016-07/msg00427.html
>
> > Specifying the structure of a score in \global is wonderful, it just
> > doesn't work with midi.
>
> Which suggests that you haven't copied repeats into all the parts.
> But what "doesn't work" for you exactly? (We need to be told before
> we can start looking at a problem.)

First of all, it isn't as much a problem (as in 'bug') but —for me, at
least— a 'nice to have'.

I find it very confusing that (see example t1) the repeats from
\global are *shown* in all staffs, but not effective in the midi.
The fact that they are shown gives the impression that they are effective,
as in example t2.