Re: rehearsal marks: separate from content encoding and display above

From: Mark Knoop
Subject: Re: rehearsal marks: separate from content encoding and display above strings
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 10:04:32 +0100

At 10:32 on 15 Aug 2016, Johan Vromans wrote:
>On Mon, 15 Aug 2016 10:22:14 +0200
>David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> That's not really surprising.  The "repeats are shown" just by
>> changing the bar line type, ...
>
>That is the explanation of the current behaviour.
>
>What I want to say is that it would be nice if instead it would
>be like the repeats were actually present in the individual staffs,
>just as the printed output shows it.

So the request is perhaps for \unfoldRepeats (or a new command) to work
across voices/staves:

\version "2.19.46"
withrepeat = { c'1 \repeat volta 2 { d'2 e' } f'1 }
withoutrepeat = { a1 bes1 f }
desired = { a1 bes1 1 f }
\score { << \withrepeat \withoutrepeat >> }
\markup "current \unfoldRepeats"
\score { \unfoldRepeats << \withrepeat \withoutrepeat >> }
\markup "desired \unfoldRepeats in all staves"
\score { \unfoldRepeats << \withrepeat \desired >> }

--
Mark Knoop