Compiling against guile-2.*

From: N. Andrew Walsh
Subject: Compiling against guile-2.*
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 22:03:03 +0200

Hi List,

so I'm compiling a "live" build of Lily that seems to build from git, and I got this error:

WARNING: Please consider installing optional programs or files:  guile < 1.9.0 (installed: 2.0.12) texi2html dblatex lh CTAN package (texlive-lang-cyrillic or texlive-texmf-fonts)

ERROR: Please install required programs:  guile-config < 1.9.0 (installed: 2.0.12) (guile-devel, guile-dev or libguile-dev package) GUILE-with-rational-bugfix

See INSTALL.txt for more information on how to build LilyPond

So, it appears that Lily won't build against guile-2.*, yes? Is this a known issue? Is there a workaround, besides blocking guile from updating past 1.9?