Re: MusicXML2Ly: Problem with minor chords

From: Johan Vromans
Subject: Re: MusicXML2Ly: Problem with minor chords
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 14:41:14 +0200

On Wed, 17 Aug 2016 14:15:02 +0200
David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

> Well, musicxml2ly.py presumably also generates a \version header, and
> running convert-ly on the resulting file possibly fixes a number of
> those problems (even though it complicates the rules, the change to let
> c:5 exclude the third was introduced as late as version 2.19.28).

  $ /usr/bin/musicxml2ly minor.xml
  musicxml2ly: Reading MusicXML from minor.xml ...
  musicxml2ly: Converting to LilyPond expressions...
  musicxml2ly: Output to `minor.ly'
  musicxml2ly: Converting to current version (2.19.45) notations ...

As you can see from the last line, musicxml2ly runs convert-ly. The
\version of the generated minor.ly is

  \version "2.19.45"

> Nevertheless it seems like a good idea to change musicxml2ly.py to
> generate output compatible with both older and newer versions.

Patch attached.

I don't know what to do with the major-minor chord.

-- Johan