Re: Center-align text getting cut-off

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: Center-align text getting cut-off
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 11:02:52 -0700 (MST)

Philip,

On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 11:45 AM, thedoctor818 [via Lilypond] <[hidden email]> wrote:

I am working on the following score. However, when I change “S” and “A” in the score attributes to “Soprano” and “Alto” the words get cut-off. How can I avoid this? I had tried:

      instrumentName = \markup \center-column\left-align { "S" "A" }

but that did not work.

Play around with values for the paper variables "indent" and "short-indent":

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/horizontal-spacing-paper-variables#paper-variables-for-shifts-and-indents

Those control the fixed space before systems (i.e., they will stay the same size regardless of the text length of instrumentName and shortInstrumentName), so increasing their value may be necessary if you are using a longer text strings.

HTH,
Abraham