Re: Stem for French Lute Tablature (Dowland)?

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Stem for French Lute Tablature (Dowland)?
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 21:21:32 +0100

Pierre Perol-Schneider wrote Thursday, August 18, 2016 8:35 PM

> There have been some discussion about that on the list:
> -
> http://lilypond-s-support-for-tablatures.3383434.n2.nabble.com/Baroque-lute-tablature-td4008032.html
> -
> http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Implementing-Baroque-Lute-tablature-td125364.html#a125365
>
> Maybe Trevor would tell you how far he went?

Unfortunately virtually nowhere, apart from the first tiny step - lettered fret
indications.  When I started work on it in earnest my old problem with RSI in
my wrist flared up again and put a stop to intensive computer work.  As anyone
who has developed code will know, you can't do it in 10 minute chunks.  So
eventually it was abandoned.  I still have to be careful today - almost 6 years
later.

Trevor