Re: Stem for French Lute Tablature (Dowland)?

From: Devin
Subject: Re: Stem for French Lute Tablature (Dowland)?
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2016 09:04:27 -0400

On 08/18/2016 04:21 PM, Trevor Daniels wrote:

> There have been some discussion about that on the list:
> - http://lilypond-s-support-for-tablatures.3383434.n2.nabble.com/Baroque-lute-tablature-td4008032.html
> - http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Implementing-Baroque-Lute-tablature-td125364.html#a125365
>
> Maybe Trevor would tell you how far he went?
Unfortunately virtually nowhere, apart from the first tiny step - lettered fret indications.
Trevor, would you mind sending the complete .ly file you used to create your example? http://lilypond-s-support-for-tablatures.3383434.n2.nabble.com/attachment/4008032/0/lutetab-as-markup-16.pdf

I tried the code in the body of the email, but I receive errors that I cannot navigate.
 When I started work on it in earnest my old problem with RSI in my wrist flared up again and put a stop to intensive computer work.
Sorry to hear about the RSI.

As for me, for my immediate circumstances, I have no need to input from tablature--inputting the note names is fine for me, I can figure that out easily enough. I am just trying to make it look like the original score. What you have published as your example, if created in lilypond would be suitable.

And if these features do not yet exist, where may I request them? Who should I reach out to?

Thank you,
Devin