Re: Stem for French Lute Tablature (Dowland)?

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Stem for French Lute Tablature (Dowland)?
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2016 15:51:52 +0100

Devin, you wrote Friday, August 19, 2016 2:04 PM

>On 08/18/2016 04:21 PM, Trevor Daniels wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately virtually nowhere, apart from the first tiny step - lettered
>> fret indications.
>
> Trevor, would you mind sending the complete .ly file you used to create your
> example?
> http://lilypond-s-support-for-tablatures.3383434.n2.nabble.com/attachment/4008032/0/lutetab-as-markup-16.pdf

Well, I'm not sure it will do you any good.  It was a cobbled-together
demonstration which
assumed quite a bit about the internals of Release 2.13.6.  It was never
intended for
actual use.  The internals have changed between 2.13.6 and current releases and
the
code does not work now.  I tried to bring it up to date today, but there are
still several
problems which look difficult to solve (due to the reliance on 2.13 internals
and subsequent
changes.)

If you are competent with Scheme and are willing to work at it let me know and
I'll
send you what I have privately.  It's not in a fit state for public consumption.

Trevor