Re: Potential improvements to the homepage?

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: Potential improvements to the homepage?
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2016 15:52:04 +0200

Am 21.08.2016 um 15:41 schrieb Andrew Bernard:
Hello Andrew and welcome (from another Haskell user!).

I agree with you. The website is looking tired and faded. But I think
it is somehow generated programmatically from the lilypond builds, and
not based on a content management system. I suspect this makes it
difficult to give it a fresh new look.

Isn't this mainly a CSS topic?

 This topic may better be raised
on the lilypond development list perhaps?

Lilypond does not have a REPL like Haskell. It's simply compiled. I
seem to recall there is a site where you can try out lilypond on the
web. The others on the list will know.

It's

http://www.lilybin.com

And yes, the possibility to give lilypond a try "on the fly" by means of a web interface would be a good idea IMHO.

Marc