Re: Potential improvements to the homepage?

From: Abraham Lee
Subject: Re: Potential improvements to the homepage?
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2016 23:31:42 -0600

On Sunday, August 21, 2016, Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:

Am 21. August 2016 20:58:57 MESZ, schrieb Abraham Lee <address@hidden>:
>On Sunday, August 21, 2016, Andrew Yoon <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> My thoughts exactly. I don't think any drastic change would be called
>for,
>> I suspect virtually everything that would be productive could be
>handled
>> purely in CSS. Maybe something more in line with the design of
>> http://lilypondblog.org/ ? But then again, I'm no designer.
>>

>it's more than CSS. lilypondblog.org uses the Wordpress framework.

But that's not too related to the appearance.

I think it would be possible to refresh the design of the website with mostly CSS (except for the discussion that using current techniques is viewed quite critically here, some prefer *tested* technology that displays well on all sorts of rendering engines).

But one has to be aware that current design trends tend to place *much* less text in much more generously spaced boxes. And this is something which seems to require substantial rewriting of the *contents* as well. Which looks challenging to me ...

True, Urs. I didn't mean to imply that a similar look couldn't be accomplished outside of Wordpress. I only meant to bring up that this is how lilypondblog.org does it. Creating a similar look with CSS alone will just take some work.

- Abraham