Re: that acciaccatura issue

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: that acciaccatura issue
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2016 06:35:09 +0200 (CEST)

>> What hinders you *in trying* to create a minimum example?
>
> [...]
>
> I understand the intention of the requests (although not demands)
> for minimal examples.  But, as someone who has spent a lifetime
> developing and debugging code, I can assure you that these demands
> are strictly unnecessary, and come across as whiny and
> unprofessional.
>
> It should be possible to encourage people to improve their code,
> provide reasonable guidelines for submissions, and not come across
> as hostile or insulting.

You are missing the point.  Nobody is criticizing him for not
delivering the best minimal example (BTW, I fully agree with your idea
of `clarity').  Thomas gave a wonderful explanation what lines can be
easily removed (I dare to say that such an example would be worth to
be added to the docs.).  However, some of us got the impression –
including me – that Mark is unwilling to do the reduction by himself
*the next time*; instead he insisted on being not an advanced user,
being `incapable' of doing that.  If he had replied with a simple
`will try', everything would be fine.

    Werner