Re: Potential improvements to the homepage?

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Potential improvements to the homepage?
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2016 17:39:46 +0200

Il giorno mar 23 ago 2016 alle 17:51, Jacques Menu Muzhic <address@hidden> ha scritto:
Would a CMS like WordPress be a good candidate for a complete rewrite? I don’t know what is needed behind the scenes to satisfy the needs of such a web site.

Absolutely not, for a number of reasons.
It must be some kind of static site generator.

Anyway, I did not want to start this kind of discussion.
I think that anybody really interested in improving the website should make a try with the current tools (texinfo, etc.). When he finds some problems he can share his doubts and propose something different.

Last year we had this discussion:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2015-07/msg00105.html