Re: Switching to drummode and back

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Switching to drummode and back
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 12:44:16 +0200

Sven Hillebrand <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Everybody,
> I'm currently transcribing a Leadsheet for my Jazz Combo and the
> original contains  four bars with drumnotes. When I insert the notes via
> \drummode it just prints normal notes on the center line:
>
> \version "2.18.2"
> {
>    \repeat unfold 8 {e''8}
>    \drummode { \clef percussion
>   hh4. r4. hh4.  }
>    \clef bass d1
> }
>
> Is there a way to make it look like the original in the attachment?

The "original in the attachment" has very little to do with your code
example.  I'll suggest

\version "2.19.27"

\new OneStaff
{
  \repeat unfold 8 {e''8}
  \drums \with { \remove Time_signature_engraver } { hh4. r4. hh4  }
  \clef bass d1
}

here.  For 2.18.2, this approach is a bit more complicated since you
don't just need the OneStaff definition but also need other contexts (in
this case, Staff) to accept it.

If you don't want "cue clef" positioning before the bar line, you'll
need something like

  \once \override Score.BreakAlignment.break-align-orders =
  #(make-vector 3 '(left-edge
                    cue-end-clef
                    ambitus
                    breathing-sign
                    time-signature
                    staff-bar
                    clef
                    cue-clef
                    key-cancellation
                    key-signature
                    custos))

at the respective place (the order between staff-bar and clef/cue-clef
is decisive here).  And if you want this different for line-breaks and
non-breaks...

--
David Kastrup