Re: Potential improvements to the homepage?

From: David Pirotte
Subject: Re: Potential improvements to the homepage?
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2016 18:57:59 -0300

Hello David,

> > I was talking about the source code of these web sites,

> The "source code of these web sites" is also written in Texinfo.

Nope,  Guile, Guix and the other examples I gave all have their web-site source
code
written in scheme.

> That's because Guile does not have its web site written in Texinfo.
> LilyPond does.

Guile's web-pages were not using sxml before the rewrite either, and it is in
the
perspective of a redesign/rewrite that I suggested to consider scheme/sxml, and
in that respect, it does not matter actual pages are written in texinfo.

But I understand you and most people who answered my suggestion believe
it is not a good approach for Lilypond web pages, especially in regards of the
translation in multiple languages.

David

ps:     for info, guile has a  'Texinfo Processing' module and manual entry