Re: Choosing glyph variants

From: Hans Åberg
Subject: Re: Choosing glyph variants
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 22:48:41 +0200

> On 29 Aug 2016, at 22:02, Erik Ronström <address@hidden> wrote:

> I’m using Computer Modern in my score to match the surrounding text (set in
> LaTeX). However, I discovered that the french quotes (guillemet) display
> differently in the lyrics, compared to the TeX text (see attached image).

There is LuaLaTeX and UTF-8 input with the XITS font, a better kerning
variation of the STIX fonts, which in turn is sort of a Unicode replacement of
the original TeX fonts. (Instead of LaTeX, there is also the more modern and
graphical oriented macro package ConTeXt that uses LuaTex as default engine.)
May come ready with the TeXLive installation <https://www.tug.org/texlive/>.
Don’t know how that works with LilyPond, though.