Re: help with loop in a Make file

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: help with loop in a Make file
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 09:08:51 +0200

Il giorno mer 31 ago 2016 alle 8:57, David Kastrup <address@hidden> ha scritto:
Federico Bruni <address@hidden> writes:

 I have a slightly OT question about Make.
 I'm using Make to generate several EPS file to be included in a
 LilyPond file.
 The three commands below work fine on the terminal but do not work
 when I launch make:

 ### Make snippet ###

 SHELL=/usr/bin/bash

 %.pdf %.ps %.eps: %.tex
 latexmk -xelatex intervista.tex && \
 pdf-stapler split intervista.pdf && \
 for f in intervista_*.pdf; do pdf2ps $f; done

Action lines _must_ start with a TAB character.

Yes, I know: TAB was on my file but I pasted without the TAB.

  Also $f would be
interpreted by Make (which has no clue about for loops), so you need to
escape the $ and write $$f instead.

That was the problem. Now it works.
Thanks!