Re: v2.19.47 on Mac x86

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: v2.19.47 on Mac x86
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2016 20:33:14 -0400

Hi Jacques,

This is puzzling. Have you explicitly turned off the rootless protection? If not, have you got XCode installed? The question is, why does your system work, rather than why does mine not work, in fact! :=) There are hundreds of threads about this rootless problem on the internet. I am not a Mac developer, so I don’t fully comprehend it, and I am not prepared to sacrifice my Mac by adjusting the csrutl settings in recovery mode to turn it all off.

Shoud this thread move to the devel list?

Andrew