Re: Two Verses Same Line

From: Joseph Chrestien
Subject: Re: Two Verses Same Line
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2016 05:28:41 +0000

For LilyPond through LaTeX, I know 3 solutions:

- lilypond-book invocation, documented in the Lily docs

- Lyx has a LilyPond plug-in that's rather easy to use, but not recommended for massive scores (as a matter of fact it should be perfect for the "snippet" format you seem to be after)

- jperon has implemented a LyLuaTex hack, available from GitHub: https://github.com/jperon/lyluatex/

Hope this helps,
Jo'

On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 4:49 AM +0200, "David Wright" <address@hidden> wrote:

On Mon 05 Sep 2016 at 21:37:21 (-0400), Aaron Fenker wrote:
> I’ve been searching for an answer to this problem. I know it’s possible to
> put two verses on the same line of music. This would be for liturgical
> with latex. I want to know how to do this. I’ve attached a screenshot. Any
> help would be great! Thanks.

I'm not quite sure what you mean...
Do you want two objects like your screenshot placed on a line?
Or do you want to reproduce what is in the screenshot?

If the latter, you realise that you can put
\set stanza = "℣." Ky -- ri -- e e -- le -- i -- son. \set stanza = "℟." Ky -- ri -- e e -- le -- i -- son.
before any lyric syllable wherever it occurs (and stanza
can be any old \markup you like).

Cheers,
David.