Re: Changing MulitMeasureRest.stencil to a squiggle

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: Changing MulitMeasureRest.stencil to a squiggle
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2016 18:07:54 +0200

Am 06.09.2016 um 16:09 schrieb David Nalesnik:
Hi Marc,

On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 7:28 AM, Marc Hohl <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi list,

I want to change the MultiMeasureRest.stencil to a squiggle as shown in the
appendices (quite roughly pasted together in GIMP).
Searching the LSR and the web does not give any informations about this
topic (the only thing I found was using the percent stencil, which is also
hardcoded in the C++ sources).

I tried to override the stencil by

\override MultiMeasureRest.stencil = #ly:line-spanner::print

but this causes errors like

"MultiMeasureRest has empty extent and non-empty stencil."

Even if you for this to work, your mockup shows a line more complex
than a squiggle.  You'd only be able to get a simple zigzag line,
without the refinement at the ends, and without control of the
"amplitude" (as if my simple example below).

I found out that the aplitude may be controlled by

\override Staff.MultiMeasureRest.zigzag-length = #1.33
\override Staff.MultiMeasureRest.zigzag-width = #1.33

and playing around with these values.

Marc