Default staff-line thickness?

From: Peter Crighton
Subject: Default staff-line thickness?
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2016 18:32:09 +0200

Hello all,

how is the default staff-line thickness calculated in relation to the staff size?
I want MultiMeasureRests to appear the same in relation to the staff lines, regardless of staff size. They should be as thick as the space between two staff lines in a TabStaff. A thick-thickness (which is a multiple of the default staff-line thickness) of about half the global staff size is mostly about right, but not in every size.
So I would like to set MultiMeasureRest.thick-thickness in relation to staffSize, as in the following example, but with the correct divisor.

\version "2.19.47"

staffSize = #16
#(set-global-staff-size staffSize)

\new TabStaff <<
  \relative c' {
    \tabFullNotation
    \compressFullBarRests
    \override MultiMeasureRest.thick-thickness = #(/ staffSize 2)
    R1*11

Peter

--
Peter Crighton | Musician & Music Engraver based in Mainz, Germany
http://www.petercrighton.de