Re: circle of fifths

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: circle of fifths
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2016 19:51:25 +0200

> Simon Albrecht <address@hidden> writes:

>> P.S. I don’t think there should be anything _but_ the anglicised
>> version in the LSR. It’s a very bad idea to use German variable names
>> in probably any programming language.
>
> At least in mostly functional programming languages.  It might be argued
> that German is perfectly appropriate for imperative languages.
>
> --
> David Kastrup

Apart from all was said before:
This snippet was discussed in the german forum and I finally approved
it, although I was not really satisfied by some parts of it. It's not
tagged docs.

I tried to find a balance between getting the snippet improved and not
scaring away a new contributor.
Nevertheless I'll drop a note there linking to this thread.

That said, best would be to find a method to make it work with all
languages, at least the ones defined in LilyPond.
Will think about it ...

Cheers,
  Harm