Re: Alternative bars in the middle of measure

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Alternative bars in the middle of measure
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2016 13:04:41 -0500

On Tue 06 Sep 2016 at 18:36:46 (+0200), Sven Axelsson wrote:
> On 6 September 2016 at 18:27, Pierre Perol-Schneider <address@hidden> wrote:
> > try to put 'number instead of 'text in your code:
> >
> > altBracket = #(define-music-function (parser location tag) (string?)
> >   #{ \set Score.repeatCommands = #(list (list 'volta (markup #:number
> > tag))) #})

> D'oh! I feel stupid now. Yes, that is indeed much better. Maybe there
> should be a little bit of separation between the two volta brackets? Or
> not, I don't know what is recommended in this case.

I don't know what you think doesn't look like a volta bracket
(no example included) but I think you should set the volta bracket so
that it makes your intentions as clear as possible, seeing as this
construction is atypical.

The following example piles on the idiosyncracies as it involves the
repeat starting at the half-bar, which the OP (last year) and possibly
you require. But it shows that you can set the boundaries wherever you
like. I set each bracket so that it indicates the barline within it
belongs solely to that repeat.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2015-10/msg00404.html

Cheers,
David.