Re: Increase distance from staff for dynamics

From: B~M
Subject: Re: Increase distance from staff for dynamics
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2016 10:19:30 +1000

Simon is there a similar command which fixes the padding for text spanners, or does the command you posted do that anyway ?

Paul

On Sunday, September 11, 2016, Simon Albrecht <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Thiago,

On 11.09.2016 00:30, Nao Nao wrote:
Hi,
I'm new to lilypond and I would like to know how to increase the distance between the dynamics markups and the staff. Tried the command below (and a lot similar) but no success. Any ideas?

\version "2.18.2"

\relative c' {
  \override VerticalAxisGroup.nonstaff-relatedstaff-spacing.padding = #5
  f d \mp f d | f\< e f e\! |
}

This would only work if the dynamics were in a Dynamics context of their own (and then you should place the command in a \with block for the Dynamics context). Here, however, they live inside the Staff. Try this:

\version "2.18.2"

\relative c' {
  \override DynamicLineSpanner.padding = 5
  f d \mp f d | f\< e f e\! |
}

Best, Simon