Re: polymetric music with mensuration lines

From: Knut Petersen
Subject: Re: polymetric music with mensuration lines
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2016 09:33:39 +0200

Hi Pierre!
Hi Knut,
I’m afraid this is not easy to achieve. The „Mensurstriche“ in LilyPond are
technically SpanBars, and they can only be drawn between two bar lines on the
adjacent staves, and MultiMeasureRests can’t cross barlines. Which incidentally
also shows that Distler’s concept isn’t flawless…
The easiest solution would be to choose a different way of notation and change defaultBarType:

I came up with the attached partial solution, a layout with shortened
mensuration lines. But two problems remain up to now:

   1: I need a working \bar "|." at the end of the score ( or something that
looks like it ;-) )
   2: There needs to be some more space between the clefs and the first notes

Cheers,
 Knut