Re: calculation of the total duration of a score

From: Paul
Subject: Re: calculation of the total duration of a score
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 20:43:44 -0400

Hi Harm,

On 09/10/2016 02:48 PM, Thomas Morley wrote:
many thanks for looking into it and adding a diff, much easier to
compare the versions. :)

You're welcome!  Thanks for writing the code for me to test out.  :)

Also for the insufficient
   (if duration-marks
which was kept from an earlier version. Ofcourse your correction is
the way to go.

Well, I realized afterwards that
  (pair? lst)
is probably the usual scheme way rather than
  (not (null? lst))
although the latter arguably makes the intention clearer for readers who don't know scheme as well.

Well, at first it's a matter of code-hygiene. Those variables were
filled by the engraver doing it's work, why not clear them?
Additional I fear bleeding over, if the same engraver is used while
compiling multiple scores/files. Or if he is put into multiple
contexts of the same score.
Not entirely sure about this, but better be a paranoiac ;)

Indeed!  That sounds good to me.

I incorporated some of your approach into the patch I did for lilypond-html-live-score, in case anyone is curious:

https://gitlab.com/sigmate/lilypond-html-live-score/commit/8d1fe4d9f8d39a2849bf737136ee2cca419b9fb6

Cheers,
-Paul