Re: Write a custom backend?

From: H. S. Teoh
Subject: Re: Write a custom backend?
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 14:01:17 -0700

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 02:04:04PM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
> Mathieu Demange <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> > Could anybody help me to know if writing a custom output backend (in
> > scheme, of course) for Lilypond is something doable? I mean without
> > modifying any of Lilypond's internals.
[...]
> You'd have to make use of one of the existing translator groups (like
> Engraver_group or Performer_group) which might me more accurately
> called translator groupers: there is currently no way to define those
> in Scheme.
>
> Personally, I'd consider it a great project to convert _all_ of Midi
> generation to Scheme.
[...]

I'm interested in this.  Any hints as to where to start looking? I.e.,
how does Perfomer_group work, how to use it, etc..

I was thinking of writing a better handler for midi dynamics, esp.
wrt single-note cresc/decresc.

If the comments and the code disagree, it's likely that *both* are wrong. --
Christopher