Solved Re: Combining voices in American Hymns

From: David F.
Subject: Solved Re: Combining voices in American Hymns
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 20:23:46 -0600

On Sep 7, 2016, at 10:56 PM, David F. <address@hidden> wrote:

> Is there a way to combine two voices and print both stems (up and down) when
> the voices share a note?  \partcombine does not appear to do this by default.

As pointed out by Phil Holmes, \partcombine has been upgraded in 2.19 and now
does exactly what I want when I use \partcombine #'(1 . 9).  See .ly and .pdf
attached.

I really wish \partcombine didn’t obliterate the voices it consumes, though.
Using the NullVoice is simple enough, but I’d rather not have to do it at all.

David