Re: calculation of the total duration of a score

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: calculation of the total duration of a score
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 08:10:28 +0200

Am 14.09.2016 um 14:24 schrieb Marc Hohl:
[...]
I thought of writing the duration to a external file to be read from
within the markup call in the score to be printed, but did not follow
this route any further yet.

Update: a simple test file shows that this works.

I can

- compute the total duration of a file designed for
  midi output only by means of your engraver
- write the duration to a file and
- read that string while processing the "print-only" file.

Merging that stuff together with some Makefile should be straightforward, I hope ;-)

And it has the advantage that some MIDI-related changes do not appear in the printed score, but the duration will be updated accordingly.

Cheers,

Marc