Re: Augmentation dot positioning

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Augmentation dot positioning
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 15:36:27 +0000

On 9/15/16 8:35 AM, "Chris Yate" <address@hidden> wrote:

>Thanks -- but that example is about balancing the dots around a chord,
>which I believe we're not disagreed about.  (This scanned example is
>related her statement about not placing the dots in one direction).

I believe the first chord \relative c'{ <f g a b>4.} is exactly analogous
to your case 2 -- four note cluster, space at the bottom.  And the bottom
dot is one staff space below the bottom note of the chord.

>And yet:
>
>\relative c' { <a' b c d e>2. }
>does not produce the output she suggests for this chord. I need
>chord-dots-limit = 4 for that.

That certainly is strange.  I wonder why it drops to four dots instead of
5, given that there are 5 notes in the cluster.  And the G space dot would
only be two staff positions away from the E.

I'm looking into the code now.  I'll see if I can figure out what's going
on.

Thanks,

Carl