Re: Augmentation dot positioning

From: Chris Yate
Subject: Re: Augmentation dot positioning
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 15:48:29 +0000

On Thu, 15 Sep 2016 at 16:37 Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:That certainly is strange.  I wonder why it drops to four dots instead of
5, given that there are 5 notes in the cluster.  And the G space dot would
only be two staff positions away from the E.

I'm looking into the code now.  I'll see if I can figure out what's going
on.

Thanks,

Carl

There appears to be a bias towards placing dots beneath the chord in certain conditions.

Apparently there's an example in Gould of chords spanning a ninth, such as:

A)
\new Staff {
 \relative c' { <a' b c d e f g a b>2. }
}
and
B)
\new Staff {
  \relative c' { <g' a b c d e f g a>2. }
}

for A, dots limit 0 or 1 gives a sensible result with five dots, as does 4 or 5 with seven -- depending on your preference.

for B,  we need dots limit 3 to get six evenly spaced dots. Any higher than 4 and theres unnecessary dots.

Hopefully you'll find something :)