Re: calculation of the total duration of a score

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: calculation of the total duration of a score
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2016 14:37:44 +0200

Hi Jan-Peter,

Am 16.09.2016 um 08:40 schrieb Jan-Peter Voigt:
Hi Marc,

nice to hear, that you have a workflow. For the record I noted two
things in the file. (And if there's some spare time, I might further
work on it.)

Thanks for the continuing work on that issue!

1. The durations are tagged by score and stored in an a-list, so you
can first collect durations in multiple scores and display them later
with a score-unique tag.

The tagging works fine, but as soon as I have a layout block in the
\score creating the exact midi file, lilypond prints it :-(

Moving the callback from \layout {} to \midi {} yields to

Programming error: Cannot find key `scoreBACH' in alist, setting to `0'.

So I still have to use my solution with the auxiliary files, which is no
problem at all.

> 2. There are acknowledgers for volta-brackets and barlines. It should
> be possible to use that information for acknowledging volta repeats
> and ajusting the duration accordingly. Those grobs are created by
> engravers, but if one creates the barlines *not* with \repeat volta,
> but with \bar ".|:", it should be acknowledged too.

This sounds promising, but IMHO it would be easier to get the engraver to work somehow on a \score with a \midi { } block only and transferring the duration to another \score.

Cheers,

Marc

Cheers Jan-Peter