Re: What to do wanting a 4th order Bézier?

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: What to do wanting a 4th order Bézier?
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 15:49:04 +0200

Am 18.09.2016 um 15:38 schrieb Simon Albrecht:
> On 18.09.2016 15:15, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
>>> And finally with a better user interface
>> Under what circumstances would you NOT want the end of one curve to
>> match precisely the beginning of the next one?
>> If “none”, then I would say an even better user interface would not
>> require typing that set of coordinates twice.
>
> I thought about that too – it also makes the data structure less
> complicated if it’s a list of seven pairs. I added the new version to
> the LSR <http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=1045>, awaiting approval.

There's another improvement I'm right now experimenting with: Not having
to type the second control point of the second spline but calculating
that mirroring it from the third one of the first spline. I noticed that
the compound slur had a noticeable angle there, so this improvement will
not only require one point less to type (and determine) but also ensure
a smooth turning point.

After that I would like to suggest looking for a solution that will
enable passing the control points as offsets against the default
(non-compound) slur, like \shape does.

Urs