Re: Augmentation dot positioning

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Augmentation dot positioning
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 16:11:46 +0000

OK, I have rewritten the code for augmentation dot positioning.

chord-dots-limit is now a property that says "Eliminate any dots than wind
up more than chords-dot-limit staff positions away from their notehead."

I think that using this code with chord-dots-limit = 1 gets the dots that
Chris would like.

Using this code with chord-dots-limit = 3 is very close to Gould.

Personally, I like the results of this code better than the Gould
recommendations.  I would use this code, and make the default value of
chord-dots-limit be 1.

I'm attaching a copy of Dots.pdf created with the new code.  I have not
updated any of the markups describing the results, because this allows you
to better see the differences, I think.

I'd love feedback.

Thanks,

Carl