Re: cross staff slur

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: cross staff slur
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 16:27:04 +0200

Hi Ming,

On 20.09.2016 14:32, MING TSANG wrote:
hi, lilyponders:
I have difficulty to generate the following by lilypond v2.19.47
1. in clef bass bar2 I cannot generate " f'2. "-- it warns bar check, i can only make it " f'2 "

You need parallel music expressions.

2. in clef bass bar3 I don't know how to code the " d'4 " -- why produces cross staff beam?

The d' also requires a parallel music expression; the cross staff beam is produced because in 4/4, eigth notes are normally beamed by half bar. If you really don’t want the beam, you can either use manual beaming [] or adjust automatic behaviour by \set Timing.beamExceptions = #'() or by adjusting the default for 4/4 with \overrideTimeSignatureSettings. This is described in NR 1.2.4, ‘Setting automatic beam behavior’.

3.  starting slur is too high bar 2

Try \shape.

HTH, Simon