Stencil questions (adding text and defining line style)

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Stencil questions (adding text and defining line style)
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 20:49:00 +0200

Hi all,

it may seem unprobable but I don't find the information how I can add
some text to my constum-made stencils.

Concretely I want to add a text element at a certain position to a
  (ly:stencil-add
construction.

The other thing I didn't find is: how can I create a dashed (or
otherwise styled) line stencil with make-line-stencil?

More generally: how can I learn more about these things? Searching
lilypond.org seems to only point to snippets and no real explanations.

TIA
Urs

--
Urs Liska