Re: What to do wanting a 4th order Bézier?

From: Abraham Lee
Subject: Re: What to do wanting a 4th order Bézier?
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 12:50:21 -0600

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 12:35 PM, Simon Albrecht <address@hidden> wrote:
On 21.09.2016 19:48, tisimst wrote:
A next thing would be to show how this can be used to make flat slurs ;-)

If you try
%%%%%%%%%%
\version "2.19.47"
{
  1-\tweak control-points #'((0 . -5)(1 . -5)(5 . -5)(6 . -5)) ( 1)
}
you see that the slur stencil procedure can produce a flat line (well, kind of, with the rounded sandwiching applied), so it’s possible to use this compoundSlur code with flat segments.

That's what I'm talking about! Can you post an image of what that looks like?

I don’t know what you mean – do you mean ‘Novello-style’ moveable-type-like slurs with a rounded beginning, a long flat middle segment, and a rounded ending?

Here's what I mean (see attached image, second system): curved left segment that tapers from thin to full thickness, straight mid segment that maintains full thickness, and curved right segment that starts at full thickness and tapers back to thin just as you would expect a normal slur to do. I've already played around with flattened ties (see attached PDF) and it works almost perfectly (one small kink to work out that I'm aware of), but I haven't extended it to slurs yet.

FWIW,
Abraham