Re: Stencil questions (adding text and defining line style)

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Stencil questions (adding text and defining line style)
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 02:38:22 +0200

Hi Nathan (and Harm and David),

Am 21.09.2016 um 23:43 schrieb Nathan Ho:
> Hi Urs,
>
> grob-interpret-markup is the way to create text. You can position it
> with ly:stencil-translate, and add it to another stencil using
> ly:stencil-add:
>
> (ly:stencil-add
>   your-current-stencil
>   (ly:stencil-translate
>     (grob-interpret-markup
>       grob
>       (markup "Hey"))

and here's to that: I noticed that with more than a few inflections it
becomes hard to match the definition in the file with the result in the
score. Adding index labels makes this easier, although there's no real
reference to the index number in the file.

Maybe one could allow to specify an optional label, and only if that's
present print it. That will allow the user to print *some* labels for
easier navigation, without requiring him to add labels to all inflections.

Urs