Re:

From: Pierre Perol-Schneider
Subject: Re:
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2016 14:15:33 +0200

Or even:

\version "2.14.2"

DB = \downbow
UB = \upbow
DUB = -\tweak #'outside-staff-priority #0
      -\markup {
        \hspace #.7
        \musicglyph #"scripts.downbow"
        \hspace#2.6 %% <= set space
        \musicglyph #"scripts.upbow"
      }
UDB = -\tweak #'outside-staff-priority #0
      -\markup {
        \hspace#4 %% <= set space
        \musicglyph #"scripts.upbow"
      }

\relative c' {
  \time 6/8
  \clef alto

  % measure 27
  \pitchedTrill
  e'2.-2~^\DUB\startTrillSpan fis
  % measure 28
  e2.~^\UDB
  % measure 29
  e2.~\DB\stopTrillSpan
  % measure 30
  \pitchedTrill
  e2.~\DB\startTrillSpan  f!
  % measure 31
  e2.\stopTrillSpan
  % measure 32
  \bar "||"
}

Pierre

Hi Paul,

How about :

%%%%%%
\version "2.14.2"

DB = \downbow
UB = \upbow
DUB = -\tweak #'outside-staff-priority #0
      -\markup {
        \musicglyph #"scripts.downbow"
        \hspace#3 %% <= set space
        \musicglyph #"scripts.upbow"
      }
UDB = -\tweak #'outside-staff-priority #0
      -\markup {
        \hspace#4 %% <= set space
        \musicglyph #"scripts.upbow"
      }

\relative c' {
  \time 6/8
  \clef alto

  % measure 27
  \pitchedTrill
  e'2.-2~^\DUB\startTrillSpan fis
  % measure 28
  e2.~^\UDB
  % measure 29
  e2.~\DB\stopTrillSpan
  % measure 30
  \pitchedTrill
  e2.~\DB\startTrillSpan  f!
  % measure 31
  e2.\stopTrillSpan
  % measure 32
  \bar "||"
}
%%%%%%%%%

Cheers,
Pierre

Dear All, I would like to add an up bow symbol to the
middle of a tie between two notes. The file seg.pdf is a snippet
of the problem. In the second tie I would like to place a V to denote
up bow. However, the up bow and down bow symbols are attached
to notes in the lilypond file.
Is there some way I can arbitrarily place a V over the tie with x y co-ordinates ?
This is useful for trills over long notes where one runs out of bow.

paul