Re: Bowing instruction mid-note

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Bowing instruction mid-note
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2016 22:59:24 +0200

On 25.09.2016 20:51, Noeck wrote:
after = ...
When will this handy function be part of lilypond?
I mean, are there objections? Would there be more to do than putting it
in the appropriate ly or scm file

music-functions-init.ly – that’s for sure.

  and document it?
My gut feeling from this list is that about once a month someone is
searching for it. I also have it in my default include file.

I had similar thoughts when I was writing the reply. IIRC there is something similar in openlilylib. One point is the function name, which I’d find slightly awkward to be official. But maybe that’s an unnecessary feeling.

Documentation is the bigger task, i.e. maybe even not writing the text, but figuring out where in the NR it should go.

So I don’t see any objection. A limitation is that it can only be used for post events, and only one at a time. Which can result in code like this:
\after 2 \mf \after 2 \> \after 2 ^"+4′" es1

Best, Simon