Re: problem with \partcombine and dynamics/hairpins

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: problem with \partcombine and dynamics/hairpins
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2016 23:40:27 +0200

> Hi all,
>
> Apologies for the rapid repost/crosspost, but this feature/bug is keeping me
> from being able to put together a full score for a commission which is due
> ASAP. Does anyone have a viable** workaround for the issue demonstrated by
> the snippet, below?
>
> Thanks,
> Kieren.
>
> ** n.b. For me, “viable” does NOT include pulling all dynamics out of every
> part and putting them in separate dynamics variables to be simultaneous-ed in
> post-hoc…
>
>> %%%%  SNIPPET BEGINS
>> \version "2.19.46"
>>
>> musicA = {
>>     g'1\> R1\!
>> }
>> musicB = {
>>     b'1\> R1\!
>> }
>>
>> \new Staff \partcombine \musicA \musicB
>> %%%%  SNIPPET ENDS

I'm not familiar with the partcombiner, though, below a very bad
workaround, found deep, deep in the quick n' dirty junk room.

\version "2.19.48"

terminateHairpin =
#(define-music-function (ctx-name mus)(string? ly:music?)
#{ << $mus \context Voice = $ctx-name \grace s2\! >> #})

endI = \terminateHairpin "one" \etc
endII = \terminateHairpin "two" \etc

musicA = {
  g'1\> \endI R1\!
}
musicB = {
  b'1\> \endII R1\!
}

\new Staff \partcombineII \musicA \musicB

Cheers,
  Harm