Re: tuplet statsŠ

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: tuplet statsŠ
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 01:13:26 +0000

On 9/25/16, 2:46 PM, "Simon Albrecht" <address@hidden> wrote:

>On 25.09.2016 22:06, Trevor Daniels wrote:
>> When needed, isn't this adequate?
>>
>> \version "2.19.48"
>> triplet = \tuplet 3/2 \etc
>> \triplet { a'4 a' a' }
>
>That¹s what I meant by Œimplementation is a no-brainer¹ :-)
>Best, Simon

I¹m generally opposed to syntactic sugar.  It tends to hide behavior that
is important to know to move beyond the basics.

I guess that this kind of discussion is what GLISS was supposed to be
about, way back when it was planned.

I would not be in favor of adding \triplet to the LilyPond distribution.
But others may feel differently.

Thanks,

Carl