Re: problem with \partcombine and dynamics/hairpins

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: problem with \partcombine and dynamics/hairpins
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 19:36:50 -0400

Hi Alex,

> I think I wrongly presumed the intention was to achieve a single hairpin in
> the score while retaining both hairpins in the separate parts for part
> production.

That is *my* intention.
In my opinion, the partcombiner should give the user the option… but it’s not
currently that sophisticated, as far as I can tell.

> To achieve this aim one might use tagging

That’s the hack I’m currently using.

> but is there another way in this situation of achieving a single hairpin
> whilst retaining individual hairpins in the parts?

Urs pointed to an engraver that is intended to do just that… but I hit an
obstacle/bug trying to implement it, so I gave up (under deadline pressures).

Best,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info