Re: BendSpanner-engraver

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: BendSpanner-engraver
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2016 19:30:41 +0200

Hi Marc et all,

>> I'd prefer to solve that slow down first, otoh it's little effort to
>> do a new tarball.
>

> If the estimated work on the slowdown is not that huge, I think it is ok
> to get a grip on that first and release a new version afterwards.

it turned out it was _much_ harder then expected.

I ended up writing a second engraver which sets the new defined
grob-property "TabNoteHead.bend-me", which decides whether a string is
bendable.

To get there, I used the context-property `noteToFretFunction'. Using
it in the engraver leads to the need to give it the appropiate
arguments.
Disadvantage: Actually `noteToFretFunction' is now used twice, in my
BendMeEngraver _and_ in the default Tab_note_heads_engraver.
If someone knows a better method please shout!

Nevertheless, it's now 4 times faster than before.

Ofcourse, still a lot on the TODO-list...

The current state attached in a tarball.

Cheers,
  Harm