Scripts: differentiating in overrides

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Scripts: differentiating in overrides
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2016 01:05:26 +0200

Hello everybody,

it happens that just now Joe Srednicki asked about colouring _only_ organ pedal markings as a subset of scripts, which is most cleanly solved by redefining the keywords ltoe etc. including a tweak. Today I needed to \tweak avoid-slur #'inside for tenuto -- but not for accents ->, which I did by a temporarily overriding Script’s property, which is only satisfactory if the don’t appear both on one note, don’t alternate a lot, and in short pieces.

So, it clearly seems to be a desideratum to have a facility of distinguishing all the different uses of Script in overrides. Do you have any idea how that may be achieved in a clever way? Creating separate grobs for all of them would of course be a huge clutter, and a quite disruptive change.

Best, Simon