Ties, distance from barline at a system break

From: Robert Blackstone
Subject: Ties, distance from barline at a system break
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2016 11:07:54 +0200

Dear all,

Recently a friend, professional engraver (non-LilyPond), looking with a very
critical eye at some of my LilyPond trials, pointed out that when there is a
tie, interrupted by a system break, the distance from tie to barline and from
whatever sits at the beginning of the staff to tie is a bit too small.
Looking at commercial editions I saw that these distances vary somewhat so it
may be a matter of taste.
Still, I think that the distance LilyPond creates, especially at the beginning
of the staff, is too small. See example (I found it interesting to fiddle with
the \key)

%%%%%%%%%
\version "2.18.2"

\paper {
        paper-width = 5.59\cm
        paper-height = 8.93\cm
        system-system-spacing #' basic-distance = #5
        tagline = ##f
        }
\layout{
  indent=0\mm
}

  { \time 2/4 \key des \major \omit Staff.TimeSignature
 ges'2~ | \break
   ges'2
   }

%%%%%%%%%

My question: is there a way to change the tie-length or the space after,
respectively before the tie, or the space between "whatever sits at the
beginning of the staff" and the musical text? I have not found any so far.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Best regards,
Robert Blackstone