Re: status 1 error question

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: status 1 error question
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2016 23:06:08 +0200

> Hi all,
>
> The error turned out to be caused by the fact that the lower staff
> already contained a rest at the moment where I was [accidentally, via
> my \pfUTwo function] trying to also have a sixteenth note g.
>
> Unless this quick mention/report turns out to be interesting to the
> developers in terms of bug-chasing, my apologies for the noise.

Failed assertions are not something to be taken lightly, so if you have
a nice minimal example here doing the equivalent of what you are doing
with your functions and failing in the same manner, that would help
figuring out what LilyPond should rather do here.  The input may or may
not be invalid, but short of having used overrides/tweaks on internals
with very strange settings, an assertion failure is not an appropriate
reaction.  This should be caught before that judging from your
description of the code triggering the problem.

--
David Kastrup