Re: MIDI dynamics parsing error

From: Dominicus
Subject: Re: MIDI dynamics parsing error
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2016 22:47:33 -0700 (MST)

I'm dealing with several of these MIDI errors during compilation of a long
piece.
"programming error: Impossible or ambiguous (de)crescendo in MIDI."

I tried to get rid of these by placing a starting volume, but alas, it's not
that simple.  I'm not the original typesetter for the piece, and I have 250
bars to inspect and plenty of polyphonic sections.

I'm compiling with v2.18.2.  Do later LilyPond versions reveal the offending
line# when raising this error?
If not, it would be a welcome enhancement to specify the offending bar along
with this error.

I've spent hours searching for a hairpin in the haystack (pun intended)