Re: Controlling hairpin length - revisited!

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Controlling hairpin length - revisited!
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 10:28:34 -0500

Hi Kieren,

On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 9:51 AM, Kieren MacMillan
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi David,
>
>> Further down in that thread is an implementation of shorten-pair with
>> hairpins:
>> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2016-06/msg00277.html
>
> The $1,000,000 Question: Why isn’t this in the distro?  =)

I think the interaction between this and other properties has to be
nailed down.  I'm not sure if it behaves "as expected" in conjunction
with whatever other property affects endpoints (to-barline,
bound-padding).

I'd welcome testing.

Also, there's the issue of programming language.  Should this
enhancement be added to the C++ original--easy enough-- or should the
distro ly:hairpin::print be replaced by a Scheme version?

I'd like to see the stencil function in Scheme, because it would then
be very convenient for users to adapt it to their needs.

A drawback would be speed, but would that even be noticeable?

> Thanks for this!

You're very welcome.

DN