Re: Spanner right-hand text may disappear when padded

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Spanner right-hand text may disappear when padded
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 15:13:44 +0200

> On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 7:52 AM, David Nalesnik
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 7:39 AM, David Nalesnik
>> <address@hidden> wrote:
>>

>>> It doesn't work with spanner-id, though.
>>>

>> Or, actually, it should -- untested.
>>

> With the addition of the engraver you reference in you original post, of
> course.

Hi David,

in this thread
http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Alternate-scheme-text-spanner-ignores-spacers-td195195.html
you researched the cause for problems while attaching TextSpanner to
spacers using custom-scheme-engravers.

May it be possible the problem is present in the original .cc-coded as well?

At least I don't see any problem with attached TextSpanners as soon as
I change a spacer to a real note-event in Rutger's code:

\version "2.19.39"

spanners = {
    s2*7 |
    s4
        \override TextSpanner.bound-details.left.text = "(poco accel."
        \override TextSpanner.bound-details.right.text = "poco rit.)"
        % \override TextSpanner.bound-details.right.padding = #0
        % Need padding to keep at the same vertical position:
        \override TextSpanner.bound-details.right.padding = #6
        <>\startTextSpan s4 |
    s2 |
%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ces4. <>\stopTextSpan s8 |
%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    s4 <>^\markup{a tempo} s4 |
}

notes = \relative c'' {
    \time 2/4
    \repeat unfold 8 { a4 a4 }
    R2*7
    r4 a~ |
    \repeat unfold 6 a2~ |
    a |
}

\layout {
    \context {
        \Score {
            \compressFullBarRests

            \override TextSpanner.bound-details.left.padding = #0
            \override TextSpanner.bound-details.left-broken.text = ##f
            \override TextSpanner.bound-details.right-broken.text = ##f

\score {
    <<
        \new Staff <<
            \spanners